About Me – Charlotte A. Weybright
I own an older home in the West Central historic district in Fort Wayne, Indiana, directly across from the St. Marys River. I have four grown sons and nine grandchildren - five granddaughters and four grandsons.
I enjoy working on my home and gardening, and I enjoy all types of crafts. I have my own library, now approaching 1,000 books. I am also a vegetarian and have been since 1990.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Indiana University and a Juris Doctorate from the Valparaiso University School of Law.
I enjoy the political scene with all of its passions and faults. Writing is one of my favorite activities, but it seems that I never have as much time as I would like to devote to the task.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Charlotte A. Weybright
“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.”
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 358,654 hits
- RT @MotherJones: Study says only major demographic that still opposes same-sex marriage is white, evangelical Christians:@http://t.co/B6 ... 2 months ago
- Protect the Health of People Who Live Near Mountaintop Removal Mines action.sierraclub.org/site/Advocacy?… 2 months ago
- The GOP chose to protect tax loopholes for the wealthy instead of helping the middle class. americanprogress.org/issues/tax-ref… #JobsNotCuts 2 months ago
- The Food Hub Solution | EMagazine.com emagazine.com/blog/the-food-… #Emagazine Wouldn't this be great for areas of Fort Wayne? 3 months ago
- Al Gore: Democracy Needs to Trump Capitalism or the Global Elite Will Triumph truth-out.org/buzzflash/comm… via @buzzflash 3 months ago
Berry Street Beacon
Discourse and discussion are the hallmarks of our society.
I have set my goals for Berry Street Beacon to be used as a site for communication of ideas and solutions. I enjoy analyzing and writing about many topics, from local issues to national issues to international issues. I hope that my blog will provide readers with information about a number of those issues.
My perspective, as noted in the title, is that of a progressive, liberal Democrat.
I welcome all views and hope that you will find some of my topics interesting enough to generate thoughts and responses. I ask only that you communicate in a civil and respectful manner.
Charlotte A. Weybright
TopicsAgriculture and Food Production Barack Obama Business Cities and Towns Confined Animal Feeding Operations Congress Democrats Economics Energy Environment Fort Wayne Government History Indiana Iraq Middle East Military Mitch Daniels Politics Republican Party Republicans St. Marys River Third District U.S. Constitution U.S. Presidency Uncategorized Veterans War West Central Neighborhood Women in Politics